LÍLLÉbaby Essentials All Season
The best of both worlds, this versatile hybrid is ready for whatever comes its way. Featuring an exclusive temperature-control panel that easily zips-up for warmth and zips-down to expose cool, breathable, 3D mesh. It’s lightweight, road-ready and built for daily use—be it in the brisk fall winds or blazing days of summer.
This classically constructed 4-position carrier, made from our softest, most durable cotton, is the perfect addition to any baby carrier collection – designed for adventure, crafted with style, and yours to keep on hand, in the car, on the go, wherever you go. Parenthood is journey – keep the Essentials handy.
Fabric: 100% Cotton
Four Carrying Positions
Perfect Fit Adjusters for custom strap length
Two-Way Adjustable Shoulder Straps
The LÍLLÉbaby ESSENTIALS baby carrier combines the basics of babywearing with LÍLLÉbaby’s signature commitment to quality and style. This simplified carrier design is a beautiful compliment to our COMPLETE collection, for those who prefer to keep a variety of carriers on hand or prefer the classic 4-position carrier construction.
1. FOUR ERGONOMIC CARRYING POSITIONS - The ESSENTIALS provides four carrying options - Front - Infant (with the addition of the infant insert *NOT CURRENTLY AVAILABLE AT NSPS*), Front – Facing In, Hip, and Back. The ESSENTIALS is recommended for children 15lbs-45lbs. With the addition of the infant insert, it is approved for use from 7lbs-45lbs.
2. PERFECT FIT ADJUSTERS (NEW!) - The ESSENTIALS is outfitted with Perfect Fit Adjusters, or PFAs, which allow the wearer to adjust the length of the shoulder straps and positioning of the carrier panel to achieve a truly customized fit.
3. TWO WAY STRAP - Our two-way adjustable straps enable wearers to carry "backpack style" or with straps crossed in the back. Dual adjustment buckles simplify breastfeeding and adjusting straps on the go.
4. SLEEPING HOOD - The ESSENTIALS all-weather sleeping hood is constructed from a soft, breathable mesh, which provides excellent air flow for your sleeping baby and improved visibility for parents.
5. POCKETS - Our large zippered storage pocket offers ample storage space for all your other essentials, and the easy-reach pocket is ideal for storing the hood when not in use.
1. How does the ESSENTIALS compare to the COMPLETE?
The COMPLETE is a 6-position carrier with a number of unique features. The ESSENTIALS was designed to offer the best solution in the more simplified, traditional soft structured carrier category. It features 4 carrying positions (with the optional infant insert launching in January) and includes different features than the COMPLETE.
2. What are the weight limits?
The ESSENTIALS is recommended for children 15lbs-45lbs. With the addition of the infant insert, which will be available in Spring 2016, it is approved for use from 7lbs-45lbs.
3. Does it have a hood?
Yes, the ESSENTIALS has a built-in, lightweight mesh hood which attaches with “hook and eye” elastic fasteners, and tucks neatly into the pocket when not in use.
4. Which carrying positions does the ESSENTIALS offer?
The Essentials is a classic 4-position carrier, which includes newborn with infant insert, front facing in, back, and hip. It does not have a forward facing option.
5. How do the straps adjust?
The straps features two-way adjusters so that you can easily tighten, carry with straps crossed, and loosen the carrier to breastfeed. In addition the ESSENTIALS features Perfect Fit Adjusters (PFAs) on the front of the straps which provide an additional way to customize the length of the straps and adjust the positioning of baby.
6. Can I cross the straps?
7. Is it easy to breast feed in it?
Yes. Both the two-way straps and the perfect fit adjusters simplify breastfeeding.
8. What is it made of?
Carrier is 100% cotton with a Cotton Mesh Hood
9. Do I need an infant insert?
Yes. The Essentials does not have a safety harness nor neck support like the COMPLETE, and a rolled blanket in place of the insert is NOT sufficient. You MUST use the LÍLLÉbaby infant insert for infants who are not ready to sit with their legs around the parent’s waist. We're sorry, but we do not currently carry this at Natural State Parenting Supply.
10. How long does the Infant Insert need to be used?
The infant insert must be used until baby is ready to comfortably sit with his or her legs around the wearer’s waist. The age depends on the baby’s size and build and also the parent’s size and built, but normally is minimum 6 months.
11. Does it include a lumbar support?
No. Lumbar Supports are sold separately.
12. Why is it cheaper than the other LÍLLÉbaby carriers?
The ESSENTIALS is made with high end fabric and material, but with fewer whistles and bells, it is simply less expensive to make than the COMPLETE.
13. Can I use the LÍLLÉbaby COMPLETE waist extender on the ESSENTIALS?
No. The waist extender for the Essentials will be ready in early 2016.
14. Will there be other patterns or colors, in Airflow, etc.?
At this time the Essentials are available in cotton only.
15. Is it washable?
Yes. Machine washes on delicate cycle and hang to dry.
16. Can it be used to tandem carry?