Thinkbaby of Steel Baby Bottle 9 Oz.
- Free of Bisphenol-A (BPA), phthalates, nitrosamines, lead, PVC, PET, and biologically harmful chemicals.
- No-spill nipple!!! Features our cross-cut design. The design also mimics natural breastfeeding as it requires your little one to nurse to receive fluid.
- Anti-colic nipple helps reduce incidence of gas and spit up. Unique one-piece design eliminates cleaning headaches and tricky assembly. No extra parts to lose.
- Extra soft, medical grade silicone spout-- provides easier transition from breastfeeding to bottle feeding.
- Thinkbaby of Steel is made from 304 (18/8) ultra-polished stainless steel. The bottle also features side measurement markings.
- Weight is nearly identical to our regular Thinkbaby bottle.
- Comes with Stage A nipple (for 0-6 months and marked with a number 2 on the nipple). Also available: Stage B nipple (for 6+ month and marked with a number 3 on the nipple).
- The transformational line: The Thinkbaby system allows parents to transform baby bottles to our award winning Sippy Cup through purchase of the Conversion Kit. The system saves parents' money and the environment from discarding baby bottles when it's time for the next stage in feeding.
- Comes with Travel Top, which reduces the chance of spillage during travel and protects the nipple from coming into contact with foreign substances.
- Dishwasher safe (top rack recommended).
- Does not leach chemicals to adversely affect the environment.
The bottle is made from 304 medical grade stainless steel, the collar from polypropylene (no. 5 plastic), and the nipple from medical grade silicone.
Do you conduct animal testing?
We do not conduct animal testing on any of our products. All of our testing is either chemical testing or biological testing (on cells). We utilize third-party globally certified laboratories to conduct our testing.
How do I care for my Thinkbaby bottle?
Thinkbaby bottles are dishwasher safe (top rack recommended). The markings are embossed into the metal so they will not come off. The logo is laser etched into the material.
When washing the baby bottles in the dishwasher, we recommend using a detergent that is free of chlorine. Most of the natural detergents on the market, from Eco Lever to Seventh Generation, should be free of toxic chemicals. If hand-washing, the American Pediatrics Association suggests using warm soapy water, but only if you live in an area with treated water systems.
Before first use:
We recommend sterilizing the bottles in boiling water for 2 to 5 minutes before first use. We do not recommend utilizing sterilizers, as we cannot guarantee that the ones on the market were made with safe materials. The Thinkbaby of Steel is NOT microwave safe. We strongly suggest that parents do away with the use of microwaves for all items and products destined for your little one.
To prepare the nipple for first use, please squeeze the top of the nipple and the venting tube. You will want to make sure that both open properly. When tightening down the collar of the bottle, do not over tighten, as this will reduce the amount of airflow into the baby bottle.
What nipple flow should I use?
Thinkbaby baby bottles come outfitted with Stage A nipples. The nipples are designed for newborns to 6 months. The flow rates are determined by averages. Depending on your little one, you may need to adjust the flow rate that you purchase. The chart below should provide help in determining which to purchase.
Childs Age Suggested Flow Rate
0 to 6 months Stage A Nipples
6 to 12 months Stage B Nipples
9 to 36 months Sippy Cup Spouts
18 to 48 months Thinkster straw top
Baby bottle nipples and spouts made from silicone will typically last 2 to 3 months prior to needing replacement. If you notice tears or breakage, discontinue use and replace.
How does the venting system work?
The venting systems work by allowing air to travel back into the baby bottle. Movement of air back into the baby bottle allows the bottle's internal pressure to reach equilibrium. This reduces the amount of suction required to get fluid out of the baby bottle. Research shows that having a venting system reduces the incidence of gas and spit up, as children take in less air when drinking when venting systems are present. While most modern baby bottles have some sort of venting system, the advantage to Thinkbaby's system is that it is built right into the baby bottle nipple. So, there are no extra parts to deal with and it's easy to clean.
How do I convert the Thinkbaby bottle into the Sippy Cup or Straw Bottle?
Converting the baby bottle into The Sippy: Remove the baby bottle nipple and replace with the Sippy Cup spout. Then place the Sippy Cup handles around the top of the baby bottle and push down over the neck of the bottle. Tighten the collar with spout around the neck of the bottle and…presto! You have our award winning Sippy Cup!!!
Converting The Sippy Cup into The Thinkster: Take collar off of baby bottle (along with spout) and screw on the Thinkster top. Ta-da! The Thinkster!
And congrats-- you not only saved the landfills, but you also saved yourself money by lengthening the useful life of your bottle.
How do I prevent nipple collapse?
With cross-cut nipples, it is important that you have the right nipple flow for your child's age. The suggested age range is listed above. This is the number one reason for nipple collapse across baby bottle lines. Please note that these numbers are based on averages. If you have an especially fast or slow feeder on your hands, you may need to adjust your movement between flow levels.
Do not over tighten the collar, as this will restrict the airflow.